X-Flo Protein Skimmers - By RK2
Professional grade protein skimmers for the home aquarium
The most important things to consider when purchasing a protein skimmer are performance, reliability, and durability. XFLO aquarium protein skimmers combine all the above to deliver one of the most innovative protein skimmers available today!
Don’t be fooled by sleek looks, gimmicky twists, or exaggerated needlewheel performance!
If a protein skimmer looks good and doesn’t perform, how good is it?
RK2 set the bar for protein skimmers in the public aquarium and aquaculture industries and has been the industry standard for over 25 years. Now you too can use what the professionals use! Let’s take a look at what makes the XFLO skimmer stand out from the ever varying protein skimmer designs in today’s market.
- 6” Diameter Reaction Chamber – allows for proper flow rates and contact times
- Counter current flow – allows maximum soluble organic removal
- High Mounted Water Inlet – Stable water level control without the need for weirs – NO FLUCTUATING FOAM LEVELS!
- Baffle Plates – stabilise the foam head and direct foam towards to the collection cup
- Pump Not Inside Skimmer – maximum volume for contact time
- XFLO’s Domed Lid – allows foam to roll away from riser tube and into the collection cup
- Cleaning the XFLO – Quick, simple, and does not require tools.
- Flexible Installation – can be installed in or out of the sump
- Choose Your Own Pump – Pick your preferred brand .
- Collection Cups – Sealed with a simple o-ring that allows for easy removal
|Model||Tank size||Air input||Dwell time||Flow rate||Air draw|
Demand a Higher Standard: XFLO Skimmers by RK2
From materials, to research and testing, RK2’s XFLO skimmer was developed and designed with a higher standard in mind.
XFLO is made from the highest quality materials available. Our moulded bases are made from High Density Polyethylene
(HDPE) that doesn’t require gluing or bonding to fabricate. The reaction chamber is made from a single section of acrylic tube. The riser cone, collection cup, and collection cup lid are made from nearly non-breakable polycarbonate material and our Mazzei Air Injector (Venturi model only) is made from highly durable ozone resistant Kynar. This guarantees it will not break down when exposed to ozone.
XFLO has been tested and designed to run at specific levels of air injection. Don’t believe that the more air/bubbles you inject the better the skimmer will perform. The concept of increasing air flow while increasing contact time
is scientifically impossible. Too much air, and the reaction chamber only fills with foam, which displaces water and decreases bubble contact time with “dirty” water, along with the true tank turnover rate.
RK2 Systems, Inc., the parent company of XFLO, has been the industry standard for over 25 years in the public aquarium/zoo sectors. We’ve taken their knowledge and applied it to making a protein skimmer designed for the home aquarium.
Made in the USA!
XFLO Skimmers are designed and manufactured in the USA with the highest-quality materials in the industry.